Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi Barbara, link is attached.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #24513 at 1:56 pm on Jun 20, 2013
Rec: from A farmgirl Dabbles
Raspberry Iced Tea
Yield: about 8 cups
3 c. fresh or frozen raspberries
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. chopped fresh mint
1 pinch baking soda
2 c. boiling water
6 tea bags (regular Lipton tea or your favorite black tea)
6 c. cold water
In a medium bowl, combine the raspberries and sugar, crushing the berries with the back side of a wooden spoon. Stir in the mint and set aside.
Sprinkle baking soda into heat-proof pitcher. Pour in boiling water and add tea bags. Let steep for 15 minutes. Discard tea bags. Pour tea into raspberry mixture and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Line a colander with a layer of cheese cloth and place it over a large bowl. Pour the raspberry tea mixture through the cheesecloth. Bind up the cheesecloth and press on it with the back side of a wooden spoon to squeeze out all the delicious raspberry juice. Discard the cheesecloth with the solids. Pour in cold water. Transfer raspberry tea to the pitcher and bring to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold. If you like your tea sweeter, add sugar as desired.
Adapted from Scott's Cold Sweet Tea
Other messages in this thread:
- 24513. Raspberry Hazelnut Tart (from a great piece by the NYT's Martha Rose Shulman) [LINK] - ErininNY - 5:35pm on 06/19/13 (10)
- Erin, thanks. That sounds really amazing! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:56pm on 06/19/13
- It does. I have everything except raspberries worthy of making this. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:14pm on 06/19/13
- I purchased raspberries to make Cyn iced tea rec above; then devoured them. I need to put them in - barb_b - 9:24pm on 06/19/13
- Us, too. Devoured them "raw"! - colleenmomof2 - 10:57am on 06/20/13
- barb, cyn, can one of you point me to the iced tea please? I searched but no success. Thank you! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 1:04pm on 06/20/13
- Erin thank you very much for this recipe! I just bought my first basket of red raspberries at - Barbara in VA - 1:05pm on 06/20/13
- I think hazelnut flour=finely ground hazelnuts. Please post a photo if you try! :) - ErininNY - 2:11am on 06/22/13
- Thanks Erin-we've been picking baskets full of berries from a neighbors yard. [NT] - charlie - 6:27pm on 06/20/13