Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We didn't have open container laws here until I was an adult.
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #24523 at 6:59 pm on Jun 21, 2013
Used to be no big deal to sip a beer on your way home. We probably still wouldn't have them if it were not for the threat of losing highway funding.
Other messages in this thread:
- This is fascinating.... [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 5:57pm on 06/20/13
- They have drive-thru liquor stores?!! [NT] - cheezz - 6:52pm on 06/20/13
- New Orleans has Drive-Thru Daiquiri Stands ... Another reason I LOVE that town! [NT] [LINK] - Steve2 in LA - 7:56pm on 06/20/13
- I guess they don't worry about that pesky drinking and driving law [NT] - cheezz - 4:06am on 06/21/13
- Yep! Beer Barns are an equivalent also here. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:30pm on 06/20/13
- About the only one I don't do that is our dialect is ask "where are you at?" - Melissa Dallas - 10:45pm on 06/20/13
- One that is prevalent here that I just don't get is... - judy-mass - 11:28pm on 06/20/13
- Mine was pretty much spot-on. Texas dialect is changing though since we've had so many - Melissa Dallas - 11:55pm on 06/20/13
- There is an interesting article in the new Texas Monthly about the demise of Texas German [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:53am on 06/21/13
- Those "Damn Yankees"---said by this newly adopted rebel--Ye Ha [NT] - charlie - 4:43pm on 06/21/13
- Back in the Eighties when there was a huge influx of Northerners - Melissa Dallas - 6:56pm on 06/21/13
- Melissa--we had similar bumper stickers in NJ that said... - charlie - 1:04pm on 06/22/13
- So, you aren't in New Jersey any more? - judy-mass - 9:34pm on 06/21/13
- So interesting. I've always been a nut about languages and grammar. There are a few items here - Marg CDN2 - 7:10pm on 06/21/13
- this varies state by state. no drive-thru liquor in Alaska either. nor in grocery stores. - AngAk1 - 9:15pm on 06/27/13
- and I can't get to that link. just me? [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:15pm on 06/27/13