Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Barbara in VA||
I tried this one yesterday and we loved it, REC: Geen Bean, Cherry Tomato & Grilled Corn Salad....
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #2939 at 12:06 am on Aug 7, 2006
From BA July 2003
Green Bean, Cherry Tomato, and Grilled Corn Salad
I wasn't grilling so I cut the corn off the cob and "mock" grilled in a non stick saute pan to gently brown the kernels. It worked perfectly!
1 1/2 Lbs green beans
3 ears of corn, husked
1 T plus 1/2 C olive oil
1 1/2 C cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 C packed thinly sliced fresh basil
1 large shallot, chopped
3 T white wine vinegar
Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Pat dry.
Prepare barbecue, (medium heat). Brush corn with 1 T oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until browned in spots, tuning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Cool corn.
Cut kernels off cobs (generous 2 cups). Place kernels in a large bowl. Add beans and tomatoes. Mix basil, shallot and vinegar in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/2 C oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss.
*I am thinking that some crumbled feta would be a nice addition to this tasty summer salad.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2939. REC: Parmesan Green Beans - Meryl - 7:20pm on 08/06/06 (12)
- I've been wanting something different for green beans. Ask you will receive :) [NT] - Marsha tbay - 9:18pm on 08/06/06
- Here's another one for you, Marsha: Citrus Green Bean Salad... - Meryl - 10:38pm on 08/06/06
- Thank you very much! Going to the groc tomorrow, have everything but the beans! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 11:37pm on 08/06/06
- Have you tried Richard in Cincy's Green Bean Bundles? Excellent! Recipe inside. - CynUpstateNY - 11:50pm on 08/06/06
- I was not aware of these, Cyndi, thank you. These sure sound good too. All these good green bean - Marsha tbay - 1:57am on 08/07/06
- I tried this one yesterday and we loved it, REC: Geen Bean, Cherry Tomato & Grilled Corn Salad.... - Barbara in VA - 12:06am on 08/07/06
- Thank you for the cooking tip & feta cheese, that does sound good! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 2:02am on 08/07/06
- Your welcome Marsha. I tried the feta in the left overs and loved it! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 10:44pm on 08/07/06
- Here's one that I like a lot, not the same old thing [LINK] - skyastara - 1:20am on 08/07/06
- Skyastara, this one sounds good...mmmmm Thank you. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 1:51am on 08/07/06
- Rec: Aunt Enza's Overstewed Green Beans - MiainMD - 1:48am on 08/07/06
- Miain, this has to be good, It sounds similar in taste to my tomatoes with zucch. Thank you [NT] - Marsha tbay - 1:54am on 08/07/06