Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
apple spice bundt cake
Joined: Jan 13, 2012
Posted to Thread #27212 at 1:03 pm on Jan 16, 2015
I finally made the apple spice bundt cake. It's a good thing it is so delicious as it took me quite a long time to put it together. Part of the problem is that other than ginger, my spices are purchased whole and I grind them fresh. I had previously recorded the weight per volume of ground cardamom and black pepper but for all the others I weighed the volume of ground spice used in the recipe so that next time I can weigh out the correct amount of each whole spice and grind them all at once. Also, due to the stiffness of the batter, I had a lot of trouble mixing in the nuts, apples, and ginger. I finally resorted to a flexible bowl/bench scraper and sort of folded it repeatedly in a large bowl. Did others have similar difficulty? Any reason that the nuts, apples, and ginger shouldn't be added before the flour?
Other messages in this thread:
- 27212. apple spice bundt cake - cyalexa2 - 1:03pm on 01/16/15 (5)
- If that's the cake from Alton Brown... - SallyBR - 2:06pm on 01/16/15
- Is it too stiff for using the KA with the paddle? [NT] - Charley - 2:14pm on 01/16/15
- Hi Sally, thanks for the input [NT] - cyalexa2 - 2:20pm on 01/16/15
- It was stiff, but not abnormally so. I like to keep a bit of flour out to coat nuts and - MarilynFL - 2:26pm on 01/16/15
- Very stiff batter, but like was said, it is awesome. I ground up a bunch of the spices and keep - KarenNoCA - 3:18pm on 01/16/15