Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
If that's the cake from Alton Brown...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #27212 at 2:06 pm on Jan 16, 2015
.... I would not add the nuts before the flour, as the cake batter needs to be properly incorporated, and the nuts and fruits will be added once the batter is done mixing. It would probably compromise the structure of the cake if you try to add the flour after all those bulky ingredients.
it is really a very thick batter, but all ends in a happy ending
Other messages in this thread:
- 27212. apple spice bundt cake - cyalexa2 - 1:03pm on 01/16/15 (5)
- If that's the cake from Alton Brown... - SallyBR - 2:06pm on 01/16/15
- Is it too stiff for using the KA with the paddle? [NT] - Charley - 2:14pm on 01/16/15
- Hi Sally, thanks for the input [NT] - cyalexa2 - 2:20pm on 01/16/15
- It was stiff, but not abnormally so. I like to keep a bit of flour out to coat nuts and - MarilynFL - 2:26pm on 01/16/15
- Very stiff batter, but like was said, it is awesome. I ground up a bunch of the spices and keep - KarenNoCA - 3:18pm on 01/16/15