Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I tried this not long ago as well. I use canned cherries in clafouti and thought I might try
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #27213 at 8:00 pm on Jan 16, 2015
brandying a handful of the dry guys. I too, was not happy with the result but it's just a handful.
If I were holding this jar in my hand, I would dump the liquor (pains me to say that) and give them a good rinse with warm water and then let them soak in some more water. Use them in muffins or something to which you can add lots of spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon. They will at least be plump.
Now for that liquor.....know anyone with a whopping case of the flu? I have always detested B&B or especially just Benedictine. It always reminds me of the bitters like Jaegermeister (however it is spelled) that Germans love, or that I can tolerate if I am feeling ill.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27213. Is there any way I can save these cherries? I had a full bag of dried sweet [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:58pm on 01/16/15 (11)
- I have no experience with this but was wondering what might happen if you cooked it down - KarenNoCA - 6:32pm on 01/16/15
- or maybe some sour cherry juice. Do a test with a couple Tbls of the mix and a little of the juice.. - charlie - 7:18pm on 01/16/15
- I tried this not long ago as well. I use canned cherries in clafouti and thought I might try - Marg CDN2 - 8:00pm on 01/16/15
- I say go with the sour cherry juice; dilute by at least 1/4--better yet, taste and then . . . - mistral - 12:11am on 01/17/15
- No advice but I love your posts. They always make me smile. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:54pm on 01/16/15
- Thank you for making me laugh out loud:) [NT] - emtd - 9:09pm on 01/16/15
- I did the same thing with vodka one time. Ick! [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:13am on 01/17/15
- Double whammy of sugar with the cherries and the benedictine. - Charley - 11:29am on 01/17/15
- Why not just doctor it a little and use it as cough syrup? - Music City Missy - 7:22pm on 01/18/15
- My parents used to make us take this *elixer* called Brother John's or something like that. Tall - MarilynFL - 4:29pm on 01/19/15
- thanks for all the suggestions! [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:15pm on 01/20/15