Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh I groaned and groaned. How fascinating for you to be involved in this endeavour that
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #27218 at 9:30 pm on Jan 18, 2015
is unique and exciting!! I watched the video, that was when you heard me groaning. I miss the life of wandering the world visiting restaurants of this ilk and this just brought it all back. I love jamon and have done a lot of sampling of French charcuterie. It's all so good and always offers some big surprises. Clearly, there is so much to learn about charcuterie, so little time. And he is so right, we are sadly lacking in this type of cuisine in our New World.
I looked up Asturias, geographically and am surprised at the location. But as always, tiny countries with enormous variations of cuisines among regions.
I so wish great success for you. What an opportunity. This even surpasses the cruising chef project.
Other messages in this thread:
- Fingers crossed for you! You definitely deserve maximum success! [NT] - SallyBR - 1:49am on 01/18/15
- How exciting! [NT] - cyalexa2 - 2:35am on 01/18/15
- wishing much success! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:22pm on 01/18/15
- I ate breakfast watching that video and now I am hungry again, Best of luck, he looks like a nice - KarenNoCA - 4:40pm on 01/18/15
- Thanks for that link - I learned new things - and now I want Asturias charcuteria! [NT] - LisainLA - 6:25pm on 01/18/15
- Oh I groaned and groaned. How fascinating for you to be involved in this endeavour that - Marg CDN2 - 9:30pm on 01/18/15
- I took a photo in 1982 of a small market stall in Nice, packed with - MarilynFL - 1:14pm on 01/19/15
- Exactly. So much of my international travels happened before I was into food. Gah! - Traca - 7:45pm on 01/19/15
- Good luck! And thanks again for the reference to Slanted Door. - MarilynFL - 1:06pm on 01/19/15
- Sigh. That Pierre Hermes lemon cream is heavenly.... [NT] - Traca - 1:41pm on 01/19/15
- super easy with a blender. Just check the temps. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:27pm on 01/19/15
- Is this what you are speaking of? I have a tons of lemons and it looks great! [LINK] - LisainLA - 7:15pm on 01/19/15
- Yep. The only critical issue is to cool down the lemon/yolk mix to 140 degrees BEFORE - MarilynFL - 7:32pm on 01/19/15
- I haven't made this yet - can you really tell the difference between it and reg lemon curd? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:58pm on 01/19/15
- I think so. This is lighter in color and texture..it also has more butter, so the mouth feel is - MarilynFL - 12:14pm on 01/20/15
- Beautifully shot! Wish he had gotten a book cover at the end. Fabulous! Good luck - MoNJ - 11:10pm on 01/19/15
- Mo, you nailed it! Link to the book here. Also he'll be on Mike Colameco's show on [LINK] - Traca - 12:31am on 01/20/15
- Awesome press!! So excited he's on Mike's show! I love him too!! - MoNJ - 10:55pm on 01/20/15
- I haven't seen the Ina show. Will have to look it up. The guy from Brooklyn Cured ran the - Traca - 1:36am on 01/21/15
- Check this link out--perhaps an opportunity in there somewhere... [NT] [LINK] - MoNJ - 9:12pm on 01/21/15
- Thank you. This is such a great event. Are you going? I've been a judge. Such a blast! [NT] - Traca - 10:18pm on 01/21/15
- And on the same subject, GREAT NEWS! This just in. - Traca - 7:09am on 01/22/15
- What a great story! Congratulations! [NT] - PatBastrop - 7:28pm on 01/29/15