Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Will someone provide an image of the type of papaya to use for Thai *papaya*
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27224 at 1:21 pm on Jan 19, 2015
salad. Or maybe it's Vietnamese papaya salad? I've tried looking online but all I get are images of the salad already made. I asked at the last restaurant and the waitress said they go outside and pick it.
That's not going to help me.
Our grocery store carries two type of papaya's, so I'm not sure which one or how "green" they have to be for this salad.
My only prior experience with papaya was tasting it when it's really, really orange and uber sweet with black seeds. I know THAT's not the one to use.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27224. Will someone provide an image of the type of papaya to use for Thai *papaya* - MarilynFL - 1:21pm on 01/19/15 (10)
- It's just a papaya that hasn't ripened yet. The sell them in Thailand [LINK] - orchid - 1:36pm on 01/19/15
- Thanks! This page wouldn't open for me before. This is one I've seen. - MarilynFL - 4:26pm on 01/19/15
- I guess I'm not understanding what you mean. The green is the skin - orchid - 4:35pm on 01/19/15
- I've made green papaya salad many times. Just a shredded, unripe papaya, Marilyn - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:35pm on 01/19/15
- can you provide an image? Our grocer has large & small ones, both are a little - MarilynFL - 4:25pm on 01/19/15
- No image but if it "gives" when you press on it, it is too ripe. Should be hard and just starting to - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:04am on 01/20/15
- Thanks to both of you! I'm going to try Slanted Door's Vietnamese Papaya salad. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:11pm on 01/20/15
- I've had it at the restaurant and it's so tasty! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 8:44pm on 01/20/15