Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Need side dish ideas for smoked turkey. No dairy. Thoughts?
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #27225 at 2:00 pm on Jan 19, 2015
I picked up a smoked turkey on sale the other day and I'm having a friend over for dinner. Unfortunately he's sensitive to dairy and I'm determined to make a meal that will work for him. (Not sure why but I'm always trying to feed that guy cheese!) Would love some ideas. I'm stuck in an endless loop of dairy-filled ideas. Mashed potatoes? Nope. Gratin? Nope. Creamed corn. You get the idea.
Also, has anyone ever made the Butterball smoked turkey? The packaging says it's precooked. Interesting. I got it for $10 so thought it would be worth a try. My friend is a bachelor and I'm planning on sending him home with most of the leftovers.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 27225. Need side dish ideas for smoked turkey. No dairy. Thoughts? - Traca - 2:00pm on 01/19/15 (16)
- my favorite sides for smoked poultry - cyalexa2 - 2:05pm on 01/19/15
- All of the above and/or Collards or Mustard Greens---cornbread [NT] - charlie - 2:47pm on 01/19/15
- I've never made greens. He's from Texas. i bet he'd like that. Anyone got a recipe? [NT] - Traca - 3:04pm on 01/19/15
- I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds wonderful. REC: Caramelized Brussel Sprouts w/ Pancetta - wigs - 2:50pm on 01/19/15
- Traca, obviously u'll need 2 leave the sprinkling of Parmesan OFF yr friend's portion of the above - wigs - 2:53pm on 01/19/15
- Not suggesting you test it out on him, but parm can be OK - Charley - 4:54pm on 01/20/15
- What they said, but I found your comment on being fixated on dairy interesting. I've done the exact - Curious1 - 5:40pm on 01/19/15
- I can relate to this. We have a granddaughter who is 12. Four years ago, she announced she was - KarenNoCA - 6:37pm on 01/19/15
- I'd just do a selection of roasted veggies. Good, delish, easy and no dairy. - MariaDNoCA - 8:03pm on 01/19/15
- Rice and beans [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:08pm on 01/19/15
- Cranberry sauce! Stuffing! [NT] - cheezz - 4:55am on 01/20/15
- yes! [NT] - AngAk1 - 12:43am on 01/21/15
- This is a fun one, wild rice and pecan stuffed onions [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 8:32pm on 01/20/15