Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
They are called, Old Maids
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #27790 at 10:12 am on Jul 10, 2015
steam which builds up inside the corn kernel is what makes it pop. Those which do not pop have a lack of moisture, hence the term, "old maid" or some say "spinsters".
I used to call them, "tooth breaker kernel"
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 27790. Help me out: what do you call a corn kernel that did not pop? - SallyBR - 8:51am on 07/10/15 (7)
- un popped corn? : ) [NT] - barb_b - 10:03am on 07/10/15
- They are called, Old Maids - KarenNoCA - 10:12am on 07/10/15
- Old maids :) Bingo! [NT] - cheezz - 11:01am on 07/10/15
- Ha!! Learn something new everyday! I love it! [NT] - barb_b - 1:30pm on 07/10/15
- Thank you thank you thank you! [NT] - SallyBR - 4:55pm on 07/10/15
- Or *Marilyn* since my aunts called me *old maid* until I got married at 28. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:27am on 07/11/15
- You were a young chickie - I was the over-the-hill 32 year old bride! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:37am on 07/11/15