Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Kinda what I thought. I often make coconut cake and pie. I wondered about using fresh
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #27792 at 5:15 pm on Jul 10, 2015
grated coconut to over the cake frosting with. Would that be too moist against a 7-minute meringue frosting?
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 27792. CathyZ - question at 27762 above...how do you properly shred coconut? TIA! [NT] - cheezz - 11:18am on 07/10/15 (4)
- Depends on what recipe you are making - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:04pm on 07/10/15
- Kinda what I thought. I often make coconut cake and pie. I wondered about using fresh - cheezz - 5:15pm on 07/10/15
- Not if you use mature coconut meat. It should work perfectly [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:07pm on 07/10/15
- I'm definitely trying that next time. Can I freeze what I don't use? [NT] - cheezz - 11:10pm on 07/12/15