Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I'm in a kitchen kind of mood...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27798 at 7:44 pm on Jul 12, 2015
Kenji's Food Processor Pie Crust
which I blind-baked for
Rosie's Blueberry Pie filling (adding fresh GA peaches)
[then I used up the leftover rolled dough for cinnamon spirals]
then I'll serve the pie on a puddle of whipped heavy cream blended with lemon curd (I think that has a name?)
after we have
Genius Recipes "Chicken Thighs"
which were brined using
Thomas Keller's "fried chicken" recipe
which meant I had to REMAKE
Preserved Lemons using Bittman's quick method
which I finished after making croutons from a
stale cheddar bagel
but before I made
Sweet/Sour mix from scratch after one sip of
"Rose's Sweet & Sour Drink Mix" rather disgusting bottled stuff
which contains the following:
water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium hexamethaphosphate, acacia gum, potassium sorbate, natural flavors, polysorbate 60, ester gum, sodium metasulfite, Yellow 5, Yellow 6 and Blue 1.
And a warning that it contains sulfates.
Mine, on the other hand, has:
Organic cane sugar
That's it. No warnings. Oops, forgot God Yellow and God Green.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 27798. I'm in a kitchen kind of mood... - MarilynFL - 7:44pm on 07/12/15 (4)
- Make me a Tom Collins! Retro Astronaut Wives Club style [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:36pm on 07/12/15
- Will you pick me up at the airport? ;-)) [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:13am on 07/14/15
- hey, if you fly down in November, we can have a swap meet with Angie. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:22pm on 07/14/15
- Heading for the west coast in Sept. but not until Jan. for Florida :-( [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:11pm on 07/14/15