Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Marilyn, did you have someone else taste the *preserved lemons* and did they taste off to him/her?
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #27797 at 12:41 pm on Jul 13, 2015
It has been my experience that beverages with acidity can taste off because of your own body chemistry or any medications you might be taking. I once threw out wine that tasted metallic to me but when my husband found out he said the wine had been fine for him. During that time every white wine I tasted was like drinking metal.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27797. Why, oh why, did my *preserved lemons* end up tasting like turpentine? - MarilynFL - 7:27pm on 07/12/15 (15)
- That's basically how I make them. REC: Paula Wolfert's Seven-Day Preserved Lemons... - charlie - 9:54pm on 07/12/15
- Marilyn, came across this a while back and your post reminded me of - Mark Bittman's Quick Preserv [LINK] - GayR - 10:11pm on 07/12/15
- Thanks Gay. I mixed up a batch of Bittsman's yesterday to use with the chicken thighs. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:51pm on 07/13/15
- I just threw out a batch. I made it just like the instructions charlie posted above... - cheezz - 3:16am on 07/13/15
- That's odd. I've made them numerous times and never experienced that--what with all the salt and.. - charlie - 12:54pm on 07/13/15
- I never added the layer of oil to mine...but it didn't get moldy. Just uber-bitter. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:57pm on 07/13/15
- Marilyn, did you have someone else taste the *preserved lemons* and did they taste off to him/her? - Sylvia - 12:41pm on 07/13/15
- oh, that's a really good point, Sylvia. And no...I didn't even think to subject Larry to that. - MarilynFL - 12:55pm on 07/13/15
- Marilyn, sometimes these taste issues last only a short while as it did for me. [NT] - Sylvia - 1:38pm on 07/13/15
- You only used the rind--right? ;o) [NT] - Charley - 3:27pm on 07/13/15
- Preserved the whole lemon, kit and caboodle. See link for images. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:18pm on 07/13/15
- I know you "preserve" the whole lemon, but I've only seen the rind called for in - Charley - 4:52pm on 07/13/15
- This was 100% bad. And those images are so beautiful that I want to keep trying. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:50pm on 07/13/15
- The rind does deliver a punch, but is used sparingly. Here is the recipe I love to use them in... - charlie - 5:06pm on 07/13/15
- Recipe: Preserved Lemons - Hamad M'Rakad - North African [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 4:21pm on 07/30/15