Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I thought it was worth it. I've always cooked mine on the stove top and it dries
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27794 at 3:27 pm on Jul 14, 2015
out much quicker, so I have a hard time cooking it long enough. Just pick a time when you're doing something else and set a timer. That's what I did.
I even froze half and thawed/zapped it for dinner last night. Still good.
I didn't notice that the Carlo version says to have the water touching the bottom. I've NEVER used a double boiler where the water touches, so I didn't. And it still worked.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27794. So simple, yet it made me happy: a sharp chef's knife, a wooden cutting board, a - MarilynFL - 12:31pm on 07/12/15 (14)
- Smitten Kitchen's Mushroom Bourguignon [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:33pm on 07/12/15
- Carlo Middione's Polenta Facile >> cooked in a double boiler [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:41pm on 07/12/15
- Scroll down to check out Carlo's Lamborghini *double boiler.* Only the Italians can make art with [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:44pm on 07/12/15
- I sort of take it that you don't find coarse cornmeal (grits) in FL. I think you - Charley - 7:13pm on 07/12/15
- Thanks! I saw a BiLo on my last trip...thought it was similar to an Odd Lots. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:53pm on 07/12/15
- It is a very good SC supermarket chain. Go and see. nt [NT] - Charley - 12:40am on 07/13/15
- Facile? Not so facile - colleenmomof2 - 12:17pm on 07/14/15
- I thought it was worth it. I've always cooked mine on the stove top and it dries - MarilynFL - 3:27pm on 07/14/15
- I hate to have to correct you.... [LINK] - SallyBR - 1:44pm on 07/12/15
- You mean they make such things to gauge if you really cut something at exactly the precise thickness - KarenNoCA - 2:45pm on 07/12/15
- Well, I am sorry but you needed to be brutally awaken to this [NT] - SallyBR - 5:33pm on 07/12/15
- Vernier! I've missed you. I was a draftsman for 12 years and used one daily. So that's why I'm proud - MarilynFL - 3:29pm on 07/12/15
- I can't keep wondering what my old Chef instructor would have said if I came in with one of those. [NT] - charlie - 10:10pm on 07/12/15
- Totally can relate! - colleenmomof2 - 12:13pm on 07/14/15