Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
In my post above about tomato pie, I roasted the heirlooms for one of the
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #27807 at 11:22 am on Jul 16, 2015
ingredients. They were just unbelievably delicious--rich concentrated tomato sweetness. I did drain some liquid from them but I think if I had roasted them at a higher temp, that would have been taken care of. It might have to be done separately.
Our romas are the same year round--and are reliable for roasting, but they never have much more flavor (as "summer" tomatoes do) in summer than in winter. And the Cherokee purple which are our most common heirloom type are truly very very meaty with little pulp/seed. But I agree it might take some adjustment.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27807. Remembered this delicious dish today. Tomato Tatin. Hello, summer! [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 12:42am on 07/16/15 (12)
- I would do this with tomato slices rather than plum tomatoes, and - Charley - 9:46am on 07/16/15
- Regular tomatoes have much more liquid than the meaty plums, would it be wise to take out the seeds - KarenNoCA - 11:06am on 07/16/15
- In my post above about tomato pie, I roasted the heirlooms for one of the - Charley - 11:22am on 07/16/15
- I made this and here is the picture. I used regular tomatoes. worked fine. just roast longer [LINK] [IMAGE] - AngAk1 - 4:36pm on 07/16/15
- Looks terrific!! And why not basil!! I'm gonna give this a try. nt [NT] - Charley - 4:50pm on 07/16/15
- here are some notes. spelled tartin for the search. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 6:12pm on 07/16/15
- A work of art! Lovely Ang! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:54am on 07/17/15
- I think it just didn't pull up in the search because it has a slash on both sides... - cheezz - 8:49pm on 07/19/15
- This is in T&T. See Ang's link above for notes the first time around (hint: cut back the salt) [NT] - Traca - 3:11pm on 07/17/15
- I've made this so many times since you posted it, Traca...and I think a little thank you every time. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:15pm on 07/18/15
- Aww...how sweet! Thanks. [NT] - Traca - 3:32pm on 07/21/15
- YES!! This was fabulous - couldn't stop eating it! Thanks for the over salting tip :) [NT] - cheezz - 10:50pm on 08/08/15