Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
charlie*s delicious Puttanesca for his DW.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29155 at 11:44 am on Nov 7, 2016
]Mar's Note: I'm posting his recipe steps here as well:]
Recipe By :The Silver Palate Cookbook
Serving Size : 4
1 pound Spaghetti -- linguine or other thin dried pasta
2 35-ounce cans plum tomatoes
1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Oregano
1/8 teaspoon Hot pepper flakes -- or to taste
1/2 cup tiny black Nicoise Olives -- or Gaeta
1/4 cup capers -- drained
4 Garlic Cloves -- peeled and chopped
8 Anchovy fillets -- coarsely chopped
1/2 cup Italian parsley -- chopped, plus additional for garnish
2 tablespoons Salt
1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and stir in the spaghetti. Cook until tender but still firm.
2. While spaghetti is cooking, drain the tomatoes, cut them crosswise into halves, and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. Combine tomatoes and olive oil in a skillet and bring to a boil. Keep the sauce at a full boil and add remaining ingredients except pasta, one at a time, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat slighty and continue to cook for a few minutes, or until sauce has thickened to your liking.
5. When pasta is al dente; drain, but retain some of the pasta cooking water.
6. Add the pasta directly to the sauce in the skillet over medium heat and toss 30 seconds or so to allow the pasta to absorb some of the sauce. Adjust the consistency of the sauce with some of the pasta water if necessary. Garnish with the parsley and serve at once.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29155. I thought it might be nice to post a few of Charlie's recipes/posts/notes. Care to join me? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:40pm on 11/06/16 (35)
- I'll start with this Rec: Grandma's Bread Stuffing, a repeat performer that I have SUCH a hard time - Pat-NoCal - 4:41pm on 11/06/16
- Charlie included Grandma's Bread Stuffing in this 2009 Thanksgiving menu. Several - Pat-NoCal - 4:46pm on 11/06/16
- I loved Charlie's Thanksgiving menus -- here's one from Gail's: - MariaDNoCA - 5:47pm on 11/06/16
- Our favorite too--I had a hard time duplicating my Mom's recipe til I saw Charlie's - MoNJ - 1:30pm on 11/10/16
- Charlie holds a place at every one of our Thankgivingx because of his wonderful recipe!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:04pm on 11/06/16
- This is my favorite stuffing recipe. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:58pm on 11/09/16
- REC: Apple Crostada with Brown Butter Streusel - MariaDNoCA - 5:52pm on 11/06/16
- I make these Black and White cupcakes every Halloween and color the centers red. Delish! - MariaDNoCA - 5:57pm on 11/06/16
- REC: Alice Medrich's Christmas Bombe... - MariaDNoCA - 6:22pm on 11/06/16
- The Store Cold Ziti Salad with Tomato and Peppers (also in T&T) - MariaDNoCA - 6:33pm on 11/06/16
- Not for now, but always excellent: REC: No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake - Lana in FL - 8:40pm on 11/06/16
- I've got dibs on his DW's favorite pasta--she craves it more than diamonds. will post later. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:28pm on 11/06/16
- charlie*s delicious Puttanesca for his DW. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:44am on 11/07/16
- Yes, another keeper. He said of late he used whole wheat pasta. There - Pat-NoCal - 4:04pm on 11/07/16
- I have several of Charlie's recipes that are favs...REC: Salsa Verde - judy-mass - 12:37am on 11/07/16
- This Salsa Verde is addictive, thanks for the reminder of it, judy. [NT] - LisainLA - 3:21pm on 11/07/16
- Serve this every Easter; w roasted Veggies. [NT] - barb_b - 9:13pm on 11/08/16
- REC: Mustard BBQ Pulled Pork - judy-mass - 12:39am on 11/07/16
- Pat, so thoughtful... - Richard in Cincy - 3:00am on 11/07/16
- I too... - Pat-NoCal - 1:23am on 11/08/16
- Charlie saved my PUMPKIN last year! REC: CP's Pumpkin Cookies [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 1:10pm on 11/07/16
- Chicken Francese w/ Lemon and Pecorino is still in my rotation. Love it! [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:36pm on 11/07/16
- Oh my goodness - I love this one, too. I made it for the first time on a visit to - LisainLA - 3:16pm on 11/07/16
- Love this recipe--I plan make it this week and will have a good thought for Charlie. [NT] - MoNJ - 1:28pm on 11/10/16
- Fun post re: rec: Oven roasted veggies w/ salsa verde [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 3:53pm on 11/07/16
- I'm on a tearful roll. This made me laugh when Charlie lost his jersey routes... [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 3:58pm on 11/07/16
- Hot brie kisses - I'm making for the first time this w/e. - emtd - 6:30pm on 11/07/16
- Charlie's hot brie kisses are GREAT! I've served them time & time again + used them for - wigs - 3:39pm on 11/08/16
- Lest we forget--Caramel-Pecan Black Bottom Pie(!)-becuz I know I'll never forget how 2 CONSISTENTLY [LINK] - wigs - 3:44pm on 11/08/16
- Another fav from charlie: Strawberry and White Chocolate Mousse Tart (has a stunning presentation) [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 3:49pm on 11/08/16
- And yet one more! Coconut Cream Pie with Chocolate Painted Crust is yum. [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 3:55pm on 11/08/16
- Chapchae (Noodles with Beef & Mixed Vegetables) is one I've made several times [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 9:54pm on 11/09/16
- Corned Beef & Cabbage from Cook's Country Another favorite... [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 9:57pm on 11/09/16
- Neapolitan Biscotti - MoNJ - 1:36pm on 11/10/16
- Lasagne Bolognese - MoNJ - 1:41pm on 11/10/16