Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Michael, I made the Butternut Squash and Black Bean Soup
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29344 at 11:26 am on Jan 8, 2017
It was very good. I had a whole squash and cut it in half and roasted it that way instead of peeling and cubing. There was plenty of lovely brown roasted surface. Then I scooped out the flesh, dumped into sautéed onions, celery and garlic along with ALL the broth then used my immersion blender. Then I put the beans, corn, chopped peppers and cilantro in and simmered. I don't think these "shortcuts" changed the final product and it made it less "fussy" to make. I had some raw chicken to use up and I cut it up and added it to the simmering soup. We liked the addition a lot.
Good recipe. Thank you for posting.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29344. Michael, I made the Butternut Squash and Black Bean Soup - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:26am on 01/08/17 (7)
- Does sound good. I can recommend adding kale to this mix. I've used chicken, kale, butternut, onions - MarilynFL - 6:45am on 01/09/17
- Glad you enjoyed it. It is a good combination of flavors and textures, and an experienced... - Michael in Phoenix - 9:50am on 01/09/17
- Don't need an immersion blender. A good potato masher works great - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:04am on 01/09/17
- Believe it or not, our Ninja blender is a workhorse around here. It cost a whopping... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:19pm on 01/09/17
- my potato masher works great to make guacamole.. ;-) [NT] - SallyBR - 3:53pm on 01/09/17
- Mine works great as a sceptor when I lose the jewel-encrusted one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:55am on 01/10/17
- Since you brought that up.... - SallyBR - 2:45pm on 01/10/17