Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Miss Manners says the perfect hostess gift, if you must bring one, is a basket of homegrown tomatoes
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29343 at 6:40 pm on Jan 9, 2017
Self contained, not in need of immediate attention, invaluable, and personal.
Also the French, at least the ones I know, are crazy about jam and preserves. Homemade preserves are a fantastic gift for anyone.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29343. ISO French themed ideas for a gift for host / hostess. Our new friends invited us to - barb_b - 12:16am on 01/08/17 (9)
- a bottle of Chartreuse for after dinner is always nice [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 12:25am on 01/08/17
- Pastis? - judy-mass - 1:09am on 01/08/17
- Beautiful Coffee Table book such as: One Hundred Beautiful Towns In France [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 1:55am on 01/08/17
- I can speak from experience, the French are confused by host/hostess gifts. They expect nothing - Joe - 5:40am on 01/08/17
- Excellent point, Joe. One would think you knew a Frenchman. - Michael in Sarasota - 1:26pm on 01/09/17
- Miss Manners says the perfect hostess gift, if you must bring one, is a basket of homegrown tomatoes - Joe - 6:40pm on 01/09/17
- How about a beautiful small flower arrangement? Or something non-consumable - LisainLA - 4:31am on 01/09/17
- If flowers, count 'em. ;) It has to be an odd number; even, bad luck. - ErininNY - 2:48am on 01/14/17
- I've always heard this but I thought it was Asian. I guess it's just universal. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:43am on 01/17/17