Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
That is very interesting about the smell, and good to know. We were there in August, so
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29346 at 10:59 am on Jan 10, 2017
that must be a "prep" time for the crops.
I agree with you about avoiding during the Festival - it is a cute place, but must be a mad house during that time.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29346. I'm 30 miles from the "Garlic capital of the world" and garlic from China is cheaper. - MariaDNoCA - 2:32pm on 01/09/17 (13)
- Yes, but do your locally grown garlic bulbs glow in the dark? I think not. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:06pm on 01/09/17
- And the local garlic will be fresher. Have you tried growing garlic? Very easy. . . - mistral - 3:37pm on 01/09/17
- I should grow it. Clearly I'm in the right climate! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 11:21pm on 01/09/17
- I'm doing seriously less tomatoes than my insanity of last year. 2 days ago I saw a ripe tomato! - MariaDNoCA - 11:26pm on 01/09/17
- Personally, I would not buy any food from China if I knew it came from there. Given what happened - KarenNoCA - 7:27pm on 01/09/17
- Wealso have a Havanese. Love our Teddy Bear! [NT] - barb_b - 12:04pm on 01/10/17
- They are so much fun and the best of the best! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:05pm on 01/11/17
- I buy Christopher Ranch garlic and grew it twice. So easy. Just take the cloves and plop them - KarenNoCA - 7:33pm on 01/09/17
- That's one of the ranches nearby. I do try to only buy local, but sometimes going to 3 stores just - MariaDNoCA - 11:06pm on 01/09/17
- I agree, Maria! The costs don't make sense. [NT] - LisainLA - 10:57am on 01/10/17
- Off-topic but related to the Garlic Capital area - we spent the night in Gilroy while looking - LisainLA - 11:01pm on 01/09/17
- It doesn't smell like that all year long. Mostly when they're bottling up the crop. - MariaDNoCA - 11:14pm on 01/09/17
- That is very interesting about the smell, and good to know. We were there in August, so - LisainLA - 10:59am on 01/10/17