Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
2 questions in regard to Creme Brulee
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Posted to Thread #29352 at 4:32 pm on Jan 10, 2017
I am having a party for 8 people and my recipe won't feed the multitudes that will be arriving.
This is my gold standard:
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean,
6 large egg yolks
How do I increase my recipe?
The other question, is that the eggs I will be buying are extra large.
How will that impact the recipe?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29352. 2 questions in regard to Creme Brulee - oli - 4:32pm on 01/10/17 (7)
- Since your recipe should make six half-cup servings, I would think twice would be plenty [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 4:49pm on 01/10/17
- Or even 1-1/2 recipes. (4-1/2 cups cream, 1-1/2 cups sugr, 9 yolks, etc. - Joe - 5:05pm on 01/10/17
- Thanks [NT] - oli - 9:04pm on 01/10/17
- Make a 1.5 recipe. The larger eggs shouldn' tmake that much difference but why not - Charley - 6:57am on 01/11/17
- I am going to Cosco and their eggs are extra large [NT] - oli - 6:44pm on 01/12/17
- I suggest doubling the recipe and cancelling the party. Put on jammies, a good movie & enjoy bliss. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:53am on 01/11/17
- I don't want to die, I have so many recipes to do and so little time. [NT] - oli - 11:20am on 01/11/17