Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
I so agree...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29350 at 9:53 am on Jan 11, 2017
Vile is a great description.
We are visiting very dear friends who retired to Canyon Lake. We've been taking day trips to Austin, Fredericksburg, Wimberley, San Antonio, etc. LBJ Ranch in Johnson City was awesome!
Speaking of Mexican, have you been to MI Tierra in San Antonio? Best Mexican and margaritas I've ever had. As Joe said, taste the beans first. So wonderfully fresh, flavored and cooked in house, not a can. Margaritas were fresh squeezed, not a mix, the first sip I just said Wow! The plates we had were all wonderfully spiced and home-style cooked. Everyone around us was speaking Spanish. They've been open for 70 years in the Mercado and it is not a mystery why.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29350. American German Restaurants - Richard in Cincy - 10:48am on 01/10/17 (20)
- Uh, not in the US. But, in Canada 25 years ago, I learned NOT to go to a Chinese Restaurant. . . - mistral - 12:13pm on 01/10/17
- There is a China Town behind my office in Richardson (suburb(with several very good not Americanized - Melissa Dallas - 4:51pm on 01/10/17
- Chinese in Austria and Bavaria is a special treat ;) - Richard in Cincy - 9:45pm on 01/12/17
- I remember a post by our friend, Sandra/London, from long ago. Maybe even from Gail's Swap. - Michael in Phoenix - 1:22pm on 01/13/17
- Is the Pastry Queen bakery still open? [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:44pm on 01/10/17
- Pink Pig and Rather Sweet closed. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 9:42am on 01/11/17
- Mexican restaurants drive me crazy. Loads of cheddar cheese, tasteless beans and rice - KarenNoCA - 1:00pm on 01/10/17
- I agree. I avoid all the chain Mexican places. Fortunately where I live there are lots of Mom&Pops - Joe - 1:58pm on 01/10/17
- But I really prefer Tex/Mex rather than authentic Mexican. I love - orchid - 2:14pm on 01/10/17
- I love Tex-Mex, as well. it does not have to be authentic, I simply want the food to be very tasty - KarenNoCA - 2:47pm on 01/10/17
- I love both, but the little Mex-Mex taquerias around town tend to be plain sad - Melissa Dallas - 4:41pm on 01/10/17
- No matter what the ethnicity of the cuisine, it truly depends on the talent of the cook. - Michael in Phoenix - 4:14pm on 01/10/17
- If anyone read Christopher Kimball's essay in the charter issue of Milkstreet Kitchen, he pointed... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:25pm on 01/10/17
- Richard! What are you doing in my (sorta) neck of the woods? - Melissa Dallas - 4:36pm on 01/10/17
- Decent Czech food would probably be easier to find in Central Texas [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 4:37pm on 01/10/17
- I so agree... - Richard in Cincy - 9:53am on 01/11/17
- I've never been to Mi Tierra, but it is legendary - Melissa Dallas - 7:14pm on 01/11/17
- Yes, it is really beautiful along the rivers in Texas hill country... - Richard in Cincy - 3:37pm on 01/12/17
- Middle eastern such as humus, tehina,masbaha, etc. unless there is a really authentic arabic or - elaine - 5:25am on 01/12/17
- Just received my copy of Soframiz, from Sofra Bakery (Middle-Eastern food). Loving it. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:29am on 01/12/17