Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
If you like crispy, these are excellent and most prep is night before
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #29358 at 7:33 am on Jan 13, 2017
Makes 3 Source Southern Living Annual Recipes 2000
1 package yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
Combine yeast and 1/4 cup warm water in a glass measuring cup; let mixture stand 5 minutes.
Combine yeast mixture, milk, and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
Whisk in egg and baking soda.
Baking in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until crisp. (about 4 minutes)
Excellent. Nice and crisp.
Sent from my iphone.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29358. Has anyone made waffles with dough instead of batter? - oli - 3:36pm on 01/12/17 (11)
- I've seen recipes many times and I've always wanted to try one but - orchid - 4:21pm on 01/12/17
- It is pretty much a Liege waffle. - Charley - 6:42am on 01/13/17
- If you like crispy, these are excellent and most prep is night before - rhoward2va - 7:33am on 01/13/17
- Thanks, now I need to buy a iron. [NT] - oli - 10:46am on 01/13/17
- Printed! Thanks, that works just fine for me. [NT] - orchid - 12:26pm on 01/13/17
- I still use my old waffle iron that was a wedding gift (50 yrs last Feb.) - rhoward2va - 3:08pm on 01/13/17
- Me too! 49 years next month and works like a charm. Same toaster - orchid - 3:20pm on 01/13/17
- The two kinds are so different and each delicious but I have come to prefer - Charley - 11:47am on 01/14/17
- Have you seen the "Will it Waffle" cookbook? - Richard in Cincy - 2:56pm on 01/13/17
- We have a Belgian restaurant that are doing these... - Richard in Cincy - 4:52pm on 01/14/17