Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Indeed... genoise cannot stand on its own, it is dry and too bland... (more)
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #29354 at 4:35 pm on Jan 13, 2017
but when you use is "comme il faut", that is soaking with syrups or other flavorings, it is perfect, because it won't fight with any other flavor in the final cake.
but I tell you, it's a pain to get it right, and I've had my share of disasters with it
Other messages in this thread:
- 29354. Carioca Cake, not for the faint of heart.... [LINK] - SallyBR - 2:00pm on 01/12/17 (4)
- I think *Martyr Baker* should be on your crown. Well done. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:34pm on 01/12/17
- I think the entire reason that genoise exists is... - Richard in Cincy - 2:38am on 01/13/17
- Amen. And amen. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:14pm on 01/13/17
- Indeed... genoise cannot stand on its own, it is dry and too bland... (more) - SallyBR - 4:35pm on 01/13/17