Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This brings to mind what happened yesterday. I shop at a local health food store for certain items
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #29355 at 7:57 pm on Jan 13, 2017
and have often noticed their deli. So yesterday I checked it out and bought two sandwiches and a small potato salad for our lunch.
the potato salad was the most terrible I have ever had. It was totally tasteless, potatoes were still crunchy. I grabbed salt first, did not help, then a mix of herbs. I could not get past the crunchy potatoes.
The garlic parmesan roll was dry and tough, and the thinly sliced beef was chewy, so much so that a few bites I did not want to swallow. The super thinly sliced cucumbers, and avocado disappeared in the sandwich and the Havarti got lost. I was furious to have spent money on this poorly made sandwich and salad. Never again will I use that deli. We still have one sandwich left and I am waiting to see if my husband goes for it. If not, it will get tossed.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29355. What is the *first* thing you grab when food is boring? - MarilynFL - 2:36pm on 01/12/17 (10)
- It really depends on what I'm eating, but usually some form of salty condiment like... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:19pm on 01/12/17
- Sriracha... Lemon juice... a little salt.... sorry, that was three. Cannot count [NT] - SallyBR - 3:28pm on 01/12/17
- Sriracha or freshly ground pepper. - judy-mass - 3:50pm on 01/12/17
- Hot sauce, lime juice, or garlic flakes, onion, chili peppers and salt in grinder from store [NT] - barb_b - 8:16pm on 01/12/17
- Wine. [NT] - Joe - 9:32pm on 01/12/17
- Ha! My smile for the night! [NT] - barb_b - 9:49pm on 01/12/17
- LOL [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 12:41am on 01/13/17
- No question there! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:38am on 01/13/17
- Miso, miso butter--just tried this on steamed bok choy and was thinking it had other umami uses too - MoNJ - 2:50pm on 01/13/17
- This brings to mind what happened yesterday. I shop at a local health food store for certain items - KarenNoCA - 7:57pm on 01/13/17