Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
If flowers, count 'em. ;) It has to be an odd number; even, bad luck.
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #29343 at 9:48 pm on Jan 13, 2017
(Honestly, I can't remember if this is the French or just most of Europe.) ;)
Other messages in this thread:
- 29343. ISO French themed ideas for a gift for host / hostess. Our new friends invited us to - barb_b - 7:16pm on 01/07/17 (9)
- a bottle of Chartreuse for after dinner is always nice [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 7:25pm on 01/07/17
- Pastis? - judy-mass - 8:09pm on 01/07/17
- Beautiful Coffee Table book such as: One Hundred Beautiful Towns In France [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:55pm on 01/07/17
- I can speak from experience, the French are confused by host/hostess gifts. They expect nothing - Joe - 12:40am on 01/08/17
- Excellent point, Joe. One would think you knew a Frenchman. - Michael in Sarasota - 8:26am on 01/09/17
- Miss Manners says the perfect hostess gift, if you must bring one, is a basket of homegrown tomatoes - Joe - 1:40pm on 01/09/17
- How about a beautiful small flower arrangement? Or something non-consumable - LisainLA - 11:31pm on 01/08/17
- If flowers, count 'em. ;) It has to be an odd number; even, bad luck. - ErininNY - 9:48pm on 01/13/17
- I've always heard this but I thought it was Asian. I guess it's just universal. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 6:43am on 01/17/17