Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Very tempted, but i've decided to embrace the stovetop while this is going on. Got a new
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29357 at 3:19 pm on Jan 15, 2017
baking element installed yesterday (on my knees, boosted up by throw pillows, head jammed into the oven working to unscrew the old mounting, I had a flashback of Sylvia Plath's sad demise. I can only think that she must have never baked warm chocolate chip cookies or she could never have considered the oven in such a bad way.)
Anyway, the element wasn't the problem, so that means an electronic board in the back and that means an appliance call. I'm going to use the stove top until this gets resolved. I see lots of soups in my future.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29357. This Irish Pork Stew was perfect for a cold rainy night. Made as written and [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:16pm on 01/12/17 (11)
- The baking element in my oven died last week & I'm in withdrawal. This sounds wonderful. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:21pm on 01/12/17
- Well there you go....no oven needed. :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 7:26pm on 01/12/17
- Marilyn, if you will be without your oven for a length of time, here's a cheap alternative [LINK] - GeorgiaRose - 2:52pm on 01/13/17
- Very tempted, but i've decided to embrace the stovetop while this is going on. Got a new - MarilynFL - 3:19pm on 01/15/17
- Marilyn, I'm with you in the oven-free dept. Door has been off for 7+ days awaiting part - LisainLA - 10:02pm on 01/15/17
- I've made this several times. It is delicious. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:31pm on 01/12/17
- Where've I been? ;-) Now I'm looking for recipes to use more of the 5 remaining bottles - Pat-NoCal - 12:45am on 01/13/17
- The author of that recipe, Chef John, is "Food Wishes" on YouTube. I love watching his videos. [NT] - Traca - 4:20am on 01/13/17
- Me too. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:42pm on 01/13/17