Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Part 2: Limoncello Zabaglione
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29368 at 7:05 pm on Jan 17, 2017
5 egg yolks
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C limoncello liquor
16 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2 TBL lemon zest
3 egg whites
1/4 C sugar
Text from Lidia's original recipe
To make the base for the tiramisł, heat the water in the double boiler to a steady simmer. Off the heat, beat the egg yolks with sugar and Limoncello until well blended. Set the bowl over the simmering water, and whisk constantly, frequently scraping the whisk around the sides and bottom of the bowl, as the egg mixture expands and heats into a frothy sponge, 5 minutes or longer. When the sponge has thickened enough to form a ribbon when it drops on the surface, take the bowl off the double-boiler pan and let it cool.
[Marilyn's Note: I found cooking it for at least 7 minutes provided a thick base....thicker than just a ribbon. Also, removing the hot base to a clean bowl and submerging that in ice water helps to thicken the base even further. Do NOT add the mascarpone cheese when the base is still warm.]
In clean bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and lemon zest until smooth and creamy. Blend in cooked base.
NOTE: You are NOT using all 5 of the egg whites. I found using 5 egg whites made the filling too thin. In clean bowl, whip 3 egg whites until frothy and then slowly add 1/4 C sugar. Beat until stiff peaks and fold into cheese and zabaglione base. Keep chilled.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29368. Lemon Tiramisu components for wigs. - MarilynFL - 6:29pm on 01/17/17 (12)
- Part 1: Ladyfinger recipe from Rosie Beranbaum's Cake Bible - MarilynFL - 6:33pm on 01/17/17
- Part 2: Limoncello Zabaglione - MarilynFL - 7:05pm on 01/17/17
- What size layers did you make? I am so making this, sounds delectable! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:39pm on 01/17/17
- I've used an 8 inch cheesecake pan (3 layers) and a 9.5 inch cheesecake pan (2 layers [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:52pm on 01/17/17
- Thank you Marilyn - sounds amazing! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 7:47pm on 01/17/17
- It's a nice change from the coffee-based version. I LOVE what this woman did [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:57pm on 01/17/17
- OMG, I read this and thought how did Marilyn blow this up and end up wearing it on her head?! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:49pm on 01/18/17
- I'm oddly pleased to know my name can evoke such imagery. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:08pm on 01/19/17
- Thank you so much [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 2:55pm on 01/20/17
- I totally forgot to say THANK YOU, M! All is printed [NT] - wigs - 9:21pm on 03/03/17