Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Part 4: Fine Cooling *Lemon curd*
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29368 at 7:10 pm on Jan 17, 2017
6 TBL unsalted butter, room temp
1 C sugar
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2/3 C fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, about 2 min. Slowly add the eggs and yolks. Beat for 1 min. Mix in the lemon juice. The mixture will look curdled, but it will smooth out as it cooks.
In a medium, heavy-based saucepan, cook the mixture over low heat until it looks smooth. (The curdled appearance disappears as the butter in the mixture melts.) Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. It should leave a path on the back of a spoon and will read 170°F on a thermometer. Don't let the mixture boil.
Remove the curd from the heat; stir in the lemon zest. Transfer the curd to a bowl. Press plastic wrap on the surface of the lemon curd to keep a skin from forming and chill the curd in the refrigerator. The curd will thicken further as it cools. Covered tightly, it will keep in the refrigerator for a week and in the freezer for 2 months.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29368. Lemon Tiramisu components for wigs. - MarilynFL - 6:29pm on 01/17/17 (12)
- Part 1: Ladyfinger recipe from Rosie Beranbaum's Cake Bible - MarilynFL - 6:33pm on 01/17/17
- Part 2: Limoncello Zabaglione - MarilynFL - 7:05pm on 01/17/17
- What size layers did you make? I am so making this, sounds delectable! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:39pm on 01/17/17
- I've used an 8 inch cheesecake pan (3 layers) and a 9.5 inch cheesecake pan (2 layers [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:52pm on 01/17/17
- Thank you Marilyn - sounds amazing! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 7:47pm on 01/17/17
- It's a nice change from the coffee-based version. I LOVE what this woman did [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:57pm on 01/17/17
- OMG, I read this and thought how did Marilyn blow this up and end up wearing it on her head?! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:49pm on 01/18/17
- I'm oddly pleased to know my name can evoke such imagery. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:08pm on 01/19/17
- Thank you so much [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 2:55pm on 01/20/17
- I totally forgot to say THANK YOU, M! All is printed [NT] - wigs - 9:21pm on 03/03/17