Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: PECAN BREADED CHICKEN
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posted to Thread #29372 at 9:03 pm on Jan 18, 2017
Recipe from CUNA Mutual Insurance Company cafe' and printed in their 1998 United Way Campaign cookbook. It's the first recipe in the book as it was a very popular entree. I had trouble making the crumb mixture stick and I slightly over fried, but still good.
PECAN BREADED CHICKEN
Submitted by Steve Baltes
2 c bread crumbs
1/4 c pecans, finely chopped
1/4 c parsley, finely chopped
1 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
4 large eggs
3 Tbsp olive oil blend (usually 25% olive oil / 75% canola oil)
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 5 oz. each
1. Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme. Set aside.
2. In a deep bowl whip eggs lightly. Set aside
3. Mix bread crumbs, pecans and parsley. Set aside.
4. Line up the flour mixture first, egg mixture second, and bread crumbs third.
5. Bread chicken in flour, egg mixture then bread crumbs.
6. Pat bread crumbs firmly on chicken.
7. Heat frying pan.
8. Add olive oil blend.
9. Brown chicken in oil on both sides.
10. Place chicken on foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350° oven for 20-25 minutes.
Note: Chicken must reach an internal temperature of 165°
Other messages in this thread:
- 29372. Rec: PECAN BREADED CHICKEN - Ann - 9:03pm on 01/18/17 (1)
- Many years ago I made a version of this that was in a Farm Journal Cookbook. That version - Curious1 - 2:37pm on 01/20/17