Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Need help with flavoring essence for Middle Eastern sweets.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29374 at 3:00 pm on Jan 19, 2017
Unfortunately, from an olfactory point-of-view, I despise both rosewater and orange blossom--the most commonly used essences. They are just too perfume-y for me. Once I actually got nauseated walking around our neighborhood when we first moved here. Turned out the orange trees were in blossom.
I'm going to make molded semolina cookies with pistachio filling and since I won't use either rosewater or orange blossom, what would you recommend?
[In the link, I have the mold on the right]
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29374. Need help with flavoring essence for Middle Eastern sweets. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:00pm on 01/19/17 (13)
- From what I know about ME sweets - the main 3 flavors are rose water, orange blossom, and nuts. - LisainLA - 3:16pm on 01/19/17
- how about cardamom. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:17pm on 01/19/17
- Cardamon looks like a good choice. Cinnamon or cloves? - Charley - 3:43pm on 01/19/17
- I ♥love♥ cardamon (just say'n!) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:39pm on 01/19/17
- Um....those were supposed to be 'hearts' on either side of the word 'love' [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:39pm on 01/19/17
- A tiny bit of orange zest in the dough [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 4:40pm on 01/19/17
- Have you tried using an eye dropper for the rose and orange blossom water? (more) - mistral - 6:04pm on 01/19/17
- Some great suggestions here - Richard in Cincy - 6:49pm on 01/19/17
- Excellent suggestions! Thanks all! - MarilynFL - 8:29pm on 01/19/17
- What about this? (Skip the rose petals) [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 6:29am on 01/20/17
- Oh, that's a nice combo. I have all the ingredients as well as mahleb (mahlab?) which - MarilynFL - 2:19pm on 01/20/17
- I'd like those stuffed with this anise-flavored fig jam [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 7:04am on 01/20/17
- Wow Traca, this in those cookies would be most excellent! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 5:28pm on 01/20/17