Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
That's how I have always done mine, so it caught my attention to have the contrast
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Posted to Thread #29371 at 6:54 pm on Jan 20, 2017
between the creme and the warm caramelized sugar.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29371. How far in advance can I caramelize the sugar on Creme Brulee before - oli - 4:10pm on 01/18/17 (7)
- I've done it several hours earlier.... - SallyBR - 4:27pm on 01/18/17
- Part of the joy of creme brulee for me is the contrast between the hot/warm crunch of the topping - KarenNoCA - 4:31pm on 01/18/17
- You can do ahead, but like Karen I love the contrast of the hot crunchy top and cool custard. [NT] - LisainLA - 5:00am on 01/19/17
- How soon after it comes out of the oven, do you cararmelize? [NT] - oli - 4:40pm on 01/20/17
- I always thought it had to be cold? You want the cold custard versus the hard shell of the sugar - MarilynFL - 4:57pm on 01/20/17
- That's how I have always done mine, so it caught my attention to have the contrast - oli - 6:54pm on 01/20/17
- I thoroughly chill before caramelizing the sugar topping. - LisainLA - 1:11am on 01/21/17