Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Why add gelatin?
Joined: Feb 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #29380 at 12:11 pm on Jan 24, 2017
Reading through a recipe recently for chicken marsala. It sounded really good, but I was stumped about adding gelatin to the sauce. I've never done that. The note was that it made the sauce thicken (lots of other ways to do that) and glossy. Why do I want glossy sauce? Enlighten me.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29380. Why add gelatin? - Pam - 12:11pm on 01/24/17 (8)
- Funny you mentioned this. I just tried the gelatin 'trick' for a pan sauce for chicken - deb-in-MI - 12:53pm on 01/24/17
- Gelatin adds good texture ("mouthfeel") without adding additional fat. . . - mistral - 12:57pm on 01/24/17
- Agreed. - Richard in Cincy - 3:08pm on 01/24/17
- I never thought of it in punches--what a good idea! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 2:03pm on 01/25/17
- Is it a Cook's Illustrated recipe? I've seen several recipes from the magazine that use gelatin. - Curious1 - 2:11pm on 01/24/17