Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Two Christmas presents this past year were Thermoworks ThermoPop & ChefAlarm. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #29388 at 2:18 pm on Jan 25, 2017
The Thermopop is fast, fast, soooo much faster than my old dial thermometers. Like 1,2, there's the temp. It's very speedy and easy to use.
I finally used my Thermoworks ChefAlarm (it's got a temp probe) last night to cook a 1-1/2 lb little pork tenderloin. Set it for 148º. I cooked maybe 10 minutes @ 400º then turned it down to 350º. Alarm went off, I removed meat from oven, covered with foil and let rest. It rose to about 159º. The meat was tender, juicy, hardly shrank at all and quite delicious.
The ChefAlarm is quite easy to use, will set flat on a counter or you can bend up the display for easy counter top reading. Plus, you can if you wish, mount on a steel/iron vertical surface, as it is also equipped with two nice and strong magnets.
These two are the best kitchen gadgets I have had in a long while. Now I guess I gotta cook a BIG roast to play with them again. Wait, it's stopped raining for a while-I could cook something on the grill, maybe spare ribs or a roast. I could smoke them low and slow and know how the meat was doing. Before I always had to do this by guess and by golly.
I recommend them both. I also need to ask for a good cuisinart, big enough to make a loaf of bread next.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29388. Two Christmas presents this past year were Thermoworks ThermoPop & ChefAlarm. . . - mistral - 2:18pm on 01/25/17 (5)
- Yes - bought the Thermoworks ThermoPop and LOVE it! What a difference vs. others-even other digital [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:40pm on 01/25/17
- I actually called Thermo over Thanksgiving. I have both the Thermopen and the Chefalarm - MarilynFL - 3:28pm on 01/25/17
- Thanks Marilyn, that is great information. I have a Thermapen and love it, [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 7:09pm on 01/25/17
- I bought the Thermoworks Dot, which has a probe - Lana in FL - 10:22pm on 01/26/17
- I forgot about using it for jam--gotta try it.(nt) [NT] - mistral - 2:45pm on 01/27/17