Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sally BR...you are brilliant!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29393 at 2:19 pm on Jan 28, 2017
I love mashed cauliflower but never could get the texture right. I added a russet potato, mashed with the big mixer, with the hand held mixer, and used the manual potato masher, nothing worked, until...your recent post for the food processor method. OMG, cooking in the chicken stock, adding fresh thyme, and they came out perfect. My only regret is that I did not use two heads of cauliflower. We will not have enough for tomorrow night. My only tweak was to roast organic Christopher Ranch garlic to golden and added it during the processing with the thyme.
Now for your Asian short ribs recipe! I dearly love braised meats, and especially short ribs. I get them from my butcher and he knows that they must be the same thickness, no narrow ends. I have tried many recipes, some OK, some better than OK but never hit on one that blew my socks off. I looked at the original recipe and saw that Fine Cooking used leeks, so I did too. This has only been in the crock pot for 30 minutes and I tasted the sauce. It is awesome! I love the addition of the Star Anise, and lots of ginger. I know they will go well with the great cauliflower mash. Thank you for the great posts and a better way to do my cauliflower mash. I don't know why I never thought of using it.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29393. Sally BR...you are brilliant! - KarenNoCA - 2:19pm on 01/28/17 (11)
- Sally or Karen, would you post the link, please? [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:45pm on 01/28/17
- Cyn, as my kids would say.... "I know Right!" Such a tease re: the rec with no link! Sounds good - barb_b - 4:06pm on 01/28/17
- I am so sorry, I have the wrong chef for the cauliflower. It came from Once Upon A Chef here [NT] [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 4:46pm on 01/28/17
- Sally's Asian Short Ribs here [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 4:51pm on 01/28/17
- it's more or less the way I make it too.... (more) [LINK] - SallyBR - 7:24pm on 01/28/17
- We like that Cauliflower Puree with Thyme also. I've served it with her yummy BBQ Turkey Meatloaf. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:49pm on 01/29/17
- Maybe this is the Asian Short Ribs? Sally makes goooood food! [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 4:46pm on 01/28/17
- that is one of my favorites (more) - SallyBR - 7:26pm on 01/28/17
- I made this recipe a month ago. Recipe is also in 150 Best American Recipes. Sooo good! The - Curious1 - 9:23am on 01/29/17
- I made this hash recipe with the leftover short ribs, thought it went well with the slightly Asian [LINK] - Curious1 - 9:31am on 01/29/17
- The short ribs are excellent Sally, and my house smelled so wonderful [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 11:05am on 01/29/17