Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Exactly. The recipe I used for shawarma had a garlic sauce and she poaches the garlic
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29394 at 12:05 pm on Jan 30, 2017
in milk to tone it down. I'll post the link of a user who tried the method and she was a bit tiffed that the sauce didn't emulsify as easily as the recipe indicated. However, she managed to get it perfect in the end.
I shy away from garlic 99% of the time, so I skipped over this shawarma condiment.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29394. I have been craving a chicken shawarama like I used to get in [LINK] - orchid - 8:25pm on 01/28/17 (15)
- I based the garlic yogurt sauce on this recipe. Really good but I [LINK] - orchid - 8:28pm on 01/28/17
- What a great day! I love days that you can prepare food, and not only make you feel happy, but - barb_b - 9:04pm on 01/28/17
- I never use the green stem but this garlic didn't have any anyway. I - orchid - 9:09pm on 01/28/17
- You can try this fromCook's Illustrated to mellow your garlic: more. . . [LINK] - mistral - 1:14am on 01/29/17
- This is fascinating mistral and I'll try it next time. Thanks for posting [NT] - orchid - 5:52pm on 01/29/17
- Was the garlic pressed perhaps, not chopped. That will lead to a more pungent - Charley - 11:12pm on 01/28/17
- Blanch the garlic before chopping, Orchid. That should calm it down a lot [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:03am on 01/30/17
- Exactly. The recipe I used for shawarma had a garlic sauce and she poaches the garlic - MarilynFL - 12:05pm on 01/30/17
- The Cook's Illustrated article above agrees. But I like the fact that you can microwave. . . - mistral - 5:59pm on 01/30/17
- ...but then won't the microwave smell like garlic?? Like burnt popcorn smell lingers forever. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:58pm on 01/30/17
- I don't know, never burnt garlic in the microwave! AND. . . - mistral - 10:36pm on 01/30/17
- Okay. Garlic and I are just never going to see eye to taste-bud. I tried making toum - MarilynFL - 11:50am on 01/31/17
- How about granulated garlic, or garlic powder? (nt) [NT] - mistral - 1:52am on 02/01/17
- I can handle garlic powder because Lar puts a light sprinkling on steaks along - MarilynFL - 8:20pm on 02/01/17