Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Okay. Garlic and I are just never going to see eye to taste-bud. I tried making toum
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29394 at 6:50 am on Jan 31, 2017
blanching the garlic cloves in milk for 5 minutes using the microwave. So basically I DOUBLED the methods to tame garlic's bite.
Processed it with the lemon juice/olive oil emulsification and still don't like it.
I can live with that.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29394. I have been craving a chicken shawarama like I used to get in [LINK] - orchid - 3:25pm on 01/28/17 (15)
- I based the garlic yogurt sauce on this recipe. Really good but I [LINK] - orchid - 3:28pm on 01/28/17
- What a great day! I love days that you can prepare food, and not only make you feel happy, but - barb_b - 4:04pm on 01/28/17
- I never use the green stem but this garlic didn't have any anyway. I - orchid - 4:09pm on 01/28/17
- You can try this fromCook's Illustrated to mellow your garlic: more. . . [LINK] - mistral - 8:14pm on 01/28/17
- This is fascinating mistral and I'll try it next time. Thanks for posting [NT] - orchid - 12:52pm on 01/29/17
- Was the garlic pressed perhaps, not chopped. That will lead to a more pungent - Charley - 6:12pm on 01/28/17
- Blanch the garlic before chopping, Orchid. That should calm it down a lot [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:03pm on 01/29/17
- Exactly. The recipe I used for shawarma had a garlic sauce and she poaches the garlic - MarilynFL - 7:05am on 01/30/17
- The Cook's Illustrated article above agrees. But I like the fact that you can microwave. . . - mistral - 12:59pm on 01/30/17
- ...but then won't the microwave smell like garlic?? Like burnt popcorn smell lingers forever. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:58pm on 01/30/17
- I don't know, never burnt garlic in the microwave! AND. . . - mistral - 5:36pm on 01/30/17
- Okay. Garlic and I are just never going to see eye to taste-bud. I tried making toum - MarilynFL - 6:50am on 01/31/17
- How about granulated garlic, or garlic powder? (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:52pm on 01/31/17
- I can handle garlic powder because Lar puts a light sprinkling on steaks along - MarilynFL - 3:20pm on 02/01/17