Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Chocolate-Coconut Layer Bar - taste like a Mounds but better!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29399 at 9:25 am on Jan 31, 2017
Made these last night - darn they are good. Down-right addictive (which translates into "I ate way too many of them").
I didn't have any mounds bars to decorate - don't think I would use them in the future.
Chocolate-Coconut Layer Bars Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chillingYIELD:36 servings
3/4 cup butter, cubed
3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
2 cups flaked coconut
1/2 cup cream of coconut
1/3 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons cream of coconut
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 teaspoons canola oil
3 Mounds candy bars (1-3/4 ounces each), coarsely chopped, optional
1. Microwave butter on high until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cookie crumbs, coconut and cream of coconut until blended (mixture will be wet). Spread onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
2. For filling, beat butter, cream of coconut and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach a spreading consistency. Spread over crust.
3. For topping, microwave chocolate chips and oil until melted; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; spread over filling. If desired, sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate. Yield: 3 dozen.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29399. REC: Chocolate-Coconut Layer Bar - taste like a Mounds but better! [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 9:25am on 01/31/17 (2)
- Mmmm, those do look amazing... - Richard in Cincy - 4:06pm on 01/31/17
- I did bake the bottom first and it totally held up:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:12am on 02/01/17