Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
My Transcontinental In-flight Dining Menu
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29401 at 1:42 am on Feb 1, 2017
We have a long slog next month to get to Hawaii: 15 hours, 3 legs: Cin-Chi-LA-Hilo. Ugh.
And of course there is no food served anywhere along those 15 hours. So I decided I would cater it.
My In-flight Dining Menu:
Breakfast: At home. Everything Toasted Bagel, Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese. Freshly-squeezed Orange Juice. Tea & Coffee.
Mid-morning Snack: Somewhere over Indiana. Apple.
Lunch: O'Hare Airport Lounge. Muffaletta Sandwich, Fritos, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. (filling the muffaletta with smoked garlic ham, hard salami, mortadella, provolone, olive salad, giardinaria, sliced tomato, and fresh basil leaves.)
Afternoon Cream Tea: Somewhere over Colorado. Mandarin Oriental Candied Ginger Cream Scones, Peach Preserves, Clotted Cream, and Tea.
Dinner: Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean.
"The Arabian Vegetarian Feast"
Egyptian Tabbouleh, Mashi Waraq (stuffed grape leaves), Baba Ghanouj (smoky eggplant-sesame dip), Zaalak (spicy tomato, eggplant salad), Slatit Batata Helwa (spicy Moroccan Sweet Potato Salad), Pitas, Mint Tea, Orange, Baklawa.
I have been mulling this over for days. Taking fresh nutritious food that would hold up to being unrefrigerated for the day. I decided I would need to do vegetarian for the last meal to avoid the risk of meat, as well as dairy, mayo, and the like spoiling. The fresh Arab salads are perfect, they're served room temp, and the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, spices, etc. won't spoil being out for the day.
Also in the Bag of Holding in case we have the munchies between feedings: Bananas, Chocolates, Nuts, Pappas' Easter Eggs (Dark Chocolate Opera Cremes in Vanilla, Cherry Cordial, Pineapple, Mint, Peanut Butter, etc.--they should be out by then and they are a sinful treat I await each Easter).
Other messages in this thread:
- 29401. My Transcontinental In-flight Dining Menu - Richard in Cincy - 1:42am on 02/01/17 (20)
- Oh man, what a nice menu! I nominate you for writing new - Pat-NoCal - 2:09am on 02/01/17
- Like minds... - Richard in Cincy - 2:40am on 02/01/17
- Please remember to get up and move while on that long of a flight. If you can beg/borrow a pair - MarilynFL - 11:59am on 02/01/17
- Thanks for the kind advice... - Richard in Cincy - 3:19pm on 02/01/17
- Such feasts all day! - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:44pm on 02/01/17
- I hope somewhere along the way, they do not take your food. My daughter had two jars - KarenNoCA - 4:21pm on 02/01/17
- The whims of TSA - Richard in Cincy - 4:51pm on 02/01/17
- Was it in carryon? . - Charley - 5:29pm on 02/01/17
- I think she had them wrapped in her purse, so they would not break. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:20pm on 02/01/17
- Genius. Liquids, creams, pastes limited to 3.4 oz. (100 ml), to the point above. - ErininNY - 3:15am on 02/05/17
- Indeed - Richard in Cincy - 5:07pm on 02/01/17
- ETA: Never mind. Forgot you'll have twice the limit on liquids/pastes/etc, with two travelers. [NT] - ErininNY - 3:16am on 02/05/17
- Here's mine going to Monaco - oli - 11:14pm on 02/01/17
- Wow Oli, this is the airline menu? Which airline are you flying with? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:26am on 02/02/17
- British [NT] - oli - 6:08pm on 02/02/17
- When in Nice, we decided to go to Monaco. But all of the trains and govt - MarilynFL - 6:28pm on 02/02/17
- We missed the Nice tragedy by one week, and the Istanbul tragedy by a month. [NT] - oli - 7:44pm on 02/02/17
- [Note to self: Always check with Oli's vacation plans BEFORE booking.] [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:45am on 02/03/17
- Wow, that's some feast! Must be quite the bag of holding! Safe travels-- [NT] - MoNJ - 1:32pm on 02/04/17
- There are two of us to share the holding. LOL [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:43pm on 02/04/17