Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
I made this last evening. It was very good.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29400 at 10:51 am on Feb 1, 2017
What a goofy name for this recipe though- it is not slaw and certainly not crack. But it was really good. I pretty much stuck to the recipe but used a whole head of purple cabbage as the store was out of white cabbage (!) and I did add more sesame oil and fresh lime juice toward the end of cooking. The volume of veggies seemed too big until it all went into the wok and cooked down to a reasonable volume. It was lovely to look at and even lovelier to eat. I couldn't stop. Am taking leftovers to work for lunch today.
Somebody else try it so it can go to T&T. It is worthy.
Other messages in this thread:
- Barb, this looks really yummy... - Richard in Cincy - 4:03pm on 01/31/17
- Oh MY!!! what a bummer to be sick on your vaca. I am at a loss. We all seemed fine - barb_b - 6:01pm on 01/31/17
- I made this last evening. It was very good. - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:51am on 02/01/17
- Great! I'm making it tomorrow night. Can't wait. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:59pm on 02/01/17
- *It was lovely to look at and even lovelier to eat. I couldn't stop* = Definition of Crack. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:17pm on 02/01/17
- I was taught this salad by a gorgeous Thai woman. Key difference was she used - MarilynFL - 3:13pm on 02/01/17
- Bam! Wow this is good! - Richard in Cincy - 10:30pm on 02/03/17
- Looks like it's time for T&T Barb--congrats! Will have to try with some leftover beef this week. [NT] - MoNJ - 8:29am on 02/04/17
- So good, I'm in the kitchen whipping up another batch for this week's lunches. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:00pm on 02/05/17