Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29401 at 12:07 pm on Feb 1, 2017
Yes, I remember that the fruit must be all gone before we land. I am just planning 1 apple, 1 orange, and 1 banana for each of us during the day. And if I have to toss a banana in the trash before we land, it was good insurance to have it at hand if it was needed.
I also had a brilliant idea after I posted this, we have an amazing Moroccan restaurant that we absolutely adore (for anyone local, it's Marrakech on Ludlow in the Clifton Gaslight District--Amazing, Delicious, and very reasonably priced!) They have the most amazing food (it's a Moroccan family doing their homecooking). I'm going to order all of the dishes for the Arabian Feast from them and they will be all packaged and ready to go. I'll pick them up the afternoon before we leave when I'm making the rounds picking up sausages and the house-made coldcuts from Avrils for the Muffaletta. Will save me a lot of time in the kitchen the day before leaving! They will also be able to supply a succulent selection of Moroccan pastries, cookies, baclawa, etc. MMMMMM....
As far as Hilo side, I think with our plans to be out hiking and exploring in the wilds of Puna, the Volcano National Park trails, Southpoint and Greensand Beach, etc. We will be picnicking most days. We also have use of kitchen facilities at the B&B, so after a long day of activity, we'll probably just head back to the ranch to have a glass of wind and cook our own dinner so that we can get an early start the next day The only day that we'll probably be sitting in a restaurant is the day we have planned to see Hilo and museums.
Any suggestions are welcome!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29401. My Transcontinental In-flight Dining Menu - Richard in Cincy - 8:42pm on 01/31/17 (20)
- Oh man, what a nice menu! I nominate you for writing new - Pat-NoCal - 9:09pm on 01/31/17
- Like minds... - Richard in Cincy - 9:40pm on 01/31/17
- Please remember to get up and move while on that long of a flight. If you can beg/borrow a pair - MarilynFL - 6:59am on 02/01/17
- Thanks for the kind advice... - Richard in Cincy - 10:19am on 02/01/17
- Such feasts all day! - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:44am on 02/01/17
- I hope somewhere along the way, they do not take your food. My daughter had two jars - KarenNoCA - 11:21am on 02/01/17
- The whims of TSA - Richard in Cincy - 11:51am on 02/01/17
- Was it in carryon? . - Charley - 12:29pm on 02/01/17
- I think she had them wrapped in her purse, so they would not break. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:20pm on 02/01/17
- Genius. Liquids, creams, pastes limited to 3.4 oz. (100 ml), to the point above. - ErininNY - 10:15pm on 02/04/17
- Indeed - Richard in Cincy - 12:07pm on 02/01/17
- ETA: Never mind. Forgot you'll have twice the limit on liquids/pastes/etc, with two travelers. [NT] - ErininNY - 10:16pm on 02/04/17
- Here's mine going to Monaco - oli - 6:14pm on 02/01/17
- Wow Oli, this is the airline menu? Which airline are you flying with? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:26pm on 02/01/17
- British [NT] - oli - 1:08pm on 02/02/17
- When in Nice, we decided to go to Monaco. But all of the trains and govt - MarilynFL - 1:28pm on 02/02/17
- We missed the Nice tragedy by one week, and the Istanbul tragedy by a month. [NT] - oli - 2:44pm on 02/02/17
- [Note to self: Always check with Oli's vacation plans BEFORE booking.] [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:45am on 02/03/17
- Wow, that's some feast! Must be quite the bag of holding! Safe travels-- [NT] - MoNJ - 8:32am on 02/04/17
- There are two of us to share the holding. LOL [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 12:43pm on 02/04/17