Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I can handle garlic powder because Lar puts a light sprinkling on steaks along
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29394 at 3:20 pm on Feb 1, 2017
with pepper and a few other spices. It's mostly the fresh bite that bites me. That's why I though the poaching method would work. But apparently, it's also mass as well...too many fresh cloves is too many for me, regardless of whether they are tempered.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29394. I have been craving a chicken shawarama like I used to get in [LINK] - orchid - 3:25pm on 01/28/17 (15)
- I based the garlic yogurt sauce on this recipe. Really good but I [LINK] - orchid - 3:28pm on 01/28/17
- What a great day! I love days that you can prepare food, and not only make you feel happy, but - barb_b - 4:04pm on 01/28/17
- I never use the green stem but this garlic didn't have any anyway. I - orchid - 4:09pm on 01/28/17
- You can try this fromCook's Illustrated to mellow your garlic: more. . . [LINK] - mistral - 8:14pm on 01/28/17
- This is fascinating mistral and I'll try it next time. Thanks for posting [NT] - orchid - 12:52pm on 01/29/17
- Was the garlic pressed perhaps, not chopped. That will lead to a more pungent - Charley - 6:12pm on 01/28/17
- Blanch the garlic before chopping, Orchid. That should calm it down a lot [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:03pm on 01/29/17
- Exactly. The recipe I used for shawarma had a garlic sauce and she poaches the garlic - MarilynFL - 7:05am on 01/30/17
- The Cook's Illustrated article above agrees. But I like the fact that you can microwave. . . - mistral - 12:59pm on 01/30/17
- ...but then won't the microwave smell like garlic?? Like burnt popcorn smell lingers forever. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:58pm on 01/30/17
- I don't know, never burnt garlic in the microwave! AND. . . - mistral - 5:36pm on 01/30/17
- Okay. Garlic and I are just never going to see eye to taste-bud. I tried making toum - MarilynFL - 6:50am on 01/31/17
- How about granulated garlic, or garlic powder? (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:52pm on 01/31/17
- I can handle garlic powder because Lar puts a light sprinkling on steaks along - MarilynFL - 3:20pm on 02/01/17