Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO lemon advice. Everything I make seems so wimpy. Need that intense lemon
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #29413 at 11:54 am on Feb 7, 2017
Oil doesn't work, zest doesn't work. When I get piccata in a restaurant it has that intense tartness I can't recreate. Help!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29413. ISO lemon advice. Everything I make seems so wimpy. Need that intense lemon - cheezz - 11:54am on 02/07/17 (10)
- You could try picking less yellow lemons (like less ripe). . . - mistral - 12:30pm on 02/07/17
- Or adding powdered lemon (TrueLemon) and the zest of fresh. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:50pm on 02/07/17
- Not sure how you're creating the sauce, but this is quite satisfyingly lemony. - MoNJ - 2:28pm on 02/07/17
- So just an hour ago I tried my hand at baked poppyseed lemon doughnuts - deb-in-MI - 2:50pm on 02/07/17
- What kind of lemons are you using? Try Meyers. - MariaDNoCA - 5:32pm on 02/07/17
- Meyers are not a true lemon but a cross between a standard lemon and mandarin orange - KarenNoCA - 7:06pm on 02/07/17
- I mentioned to try Myers because the zest seems oilier, and the flavor more intense - MariaDNoCA - 9:43pm on 02/07/17
- For example: I baked a yeasted breakfast loaf yesterday...4 Tbl lemon zest plus - cheezz - 2:43am on 02/08/17
- cheezz, just to cover all bases, is EVERYONE experiencing the same lack of tartness? - MarilynFL - 11:58am on 02/08/17
- Mistral - I can't return PMs but wanted to thank you for all the info! - cheezz - 1:49am on 02/16/17