Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We have a service like this at our Farmers' Market, but...
Joined: Feb 12, 2009
Posted to Thread #29411 at 8:44 pm on Feb 7, 2017
They use a national non-profit group (C-CAP) that sends high school students to culinary schools through scholarship. The students do all sorts of prep for vegetables/fruits, to whatever the customer desires, which gives them so much experience.
The service is free, but does take donations!
We are vendors there and notice the kids are always busy working!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29411. I'm unsure why this bothers me, but it does. It. Just. Does. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:38pm on 02/06/17 (32)
- I am undecided.... (more) - SallyBR - 12:45pm on 02/06/17
- Heading home to a small apartment with no counter space--$1. No problem. LOL - Charley - 1:16pm on 02/06/17
- I'm for it! While I love cutting my veggies; there are some that scare me....Or I feel it the next - barb_b - 1:31pm on 02/06/17
- barb, I think it was CathyZ who had a really good butternut squash hint: slice rings, - MarilynFL - 3:36pm on 02/06/17
- Thx for the tip. BUT, I think my wrist just doesn't like the force to cut the rings. It was so - barb_b - 11:52pm on 02/06/17
- I "can" do it with my big chef's knife, but have done it with a cleaver--it ain't - Charley - 12:07pm on 02/07/17
- I think this is a great idea. Those hard winter squashes scare me to death too - KarenNoCA - 3:36pm on 02/06/17
- I would pay to have an acorn and/or butternut peeled for me. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:44pm on 02/06/17
- I agree it is a bit excessive; on the other hand, I would pay a buck or two - GeorgiaRose - 3:51pm on 02/06/17
- I agree but for no particular reason. I'm still aghast over boiled, peeled eggs for sale - cheezz - 9:10pm on 02/06/17
- OMG, we were telepathic on that one Cheezz!! [NT] - MoNJ - 9:13pm on 02/06/17
- I know! It's disgusting!!! Think of the germs and bacteria those naked eggs are exposed to!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 11:12pm on 02/06/17
- Those naked eggs bother me and there is just something wrong about it. Can't even stand to look at - KarenNoCA - 5:47pm on 02/08/17
- Eggs, I don't get. Hadn't thought of the germs. To me, eggs are an - barb_b - 11:46pm on 02/06/17
- I do enjoy our local market that slices eggplant super thin horizontally--uniform slices [LINK] - MoNJ - 9:10pm on 02/06/17
- It kind of bothers me too, but if it leads to people eating more fresh veggies, - Joe - 10:26pm on 02/06/17
- I don't see how it's any different than paying the premium for already diced, sliced or whatever - Curious1 - 11:01pm on 02/06/17
- These damn lazy kids, won't even slice your own veggies! Get off my lawn!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 11:06pm on 02/06/17
- HA!!! Guess we're getting too old to put up with this lazy generation...so pathetic! [NT] - cheezz - 7:45am on 02/08/17
- :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 3:09pm on 02/09/17
- Just curious, are the packages of meat such as a chuck roast packed with the veggies needed to make - Curious1 - 11:20pm on 02/06/17
- I wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole - Richard in Cincy - 11:45pm on 02/06/17
- Very popular here.never bought them. I see lots of pre seasoned chicken (Which I worry about) and - barb_b - 11:50pm on 02/06/17
- I do buy pineapple that has been peeled and cored...and I have a hand held peeler/corer. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 12:07pm on 02/07/17
- We have a service like this at our Farmers' Market, but... - desertculinary - 8:44pm on 02/07/17
- That's something I could get behind: teaching a lifetime skill. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:49pm on 02/07/17
- That's lovely! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:26pm on 02/07/17
- I looked up C-CAP--what a great program. Thanks for sharing. - MoNJ - 4:29pm on 02/09/17
- I see where you are coming from. However, I would love and pay for that service occassionally, - LisainLA - 3:06pm on 02/09/17
- Lisa, I sadly, would have to say that my kids, would probably say that they do not eat as a family. - barb_b - 11:49pm on 02/11/17
- I understand the lessons/sports/work ending times very well, as we have nights like that. - LisainLA - 1:34am on 02/13/17
- Not really that different than buying the pre-cut packaged versions of veg (which WF sells)... [NT] - ErininNY - 7:52pm on 02/12/17