Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Meyers are not a true lemon but a cross between a standard lemon and mandarin orange
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #29413 at 12:06 am on Feb 8, 2017
Whenever I make a recipe calling for lemons, I do it by taste, start with what the recipe calls for then go from there. I also use the zest, even if not called for, as I cannot bear to throw out that wonderful zest.
I just recently learned that eating the entire lemon, pith and all, is a super food for our bodies. Hence, the reason I always roast lemon wedges with all veggies, chickens, meats and even include them is soups. They are delicious roasted and cooked. Very good for inflammation in our bodies, vitamin C and more.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29413. ISO lemon advice. Everything I make seems so wimpy. Need that intense lemon - cheezz - 4:54pm on 02/07/17 (11)
- You could try picking less yellow lemons (like less ripe). . . - mistral - 5:30pm on 02/07/17
- Or adding powdered lemon (TrueLemon) and the zest of fresh. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:50pm on 02/07/17
- Not sure how you're creating the sauce, but this is quite satisfyingly lemony. - MoNJ - 7:28pm on 02/07/17
- So just an hour ago I tried my hand at baked poppyseed lemon doughnuts - deb-in-MI - 7:50pm on 02/07/17
- What kind of lemons are you using? Try Meyers. - MariaDNoCA - 10:32pm on 02/07/17
- Meyers are not a true lemon but a cross between a standard lemon and mandarin orange - KarenNoCA - 12:06am on 02/08/17
- I mentioned to try Myers because the zest seems oilier, and the flavor more intense - MariaDNoCA - 2:43am on 02/08/17
- For example: I baked a yeasted breakfast loaf yesterday...4 Tbl lemon zest plus - cheezz - 7:43am on 02/08/17
- cheezz, just to cover all bases, is EVERYONE experiencing the same lack of tartness? - MarilynFL - 4:58pm on 02/08/17
- Mistral - I can't return PMs but wanted to thank you for all the info! - cheezz - 6:49am on 02/16/17
- Cathy Z had solved this problem. - Richard in Cincy - 7:32am on 03/04/17