Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
For example: I baked a yeasted breakfast loaf yesterday...4 Tbl lemon zest plus
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #29413 at 2:43 am on Feb 8, 2017
5 tsp lemon juice in the glaze. I knew that wasn't going to do it, so I added 3 packets of True Lemon. I use Meyers BTW. There was barely any lemon flavor IMHO.
Mo, a chicken sauce containing a few thin slices of lemon isn't what I'm after either. It's like offering someone chocolate then just letting them sniff it :)
I want LEMON. Adding more juice just isn't possible in most recipes because it thins it down too much. I'll look into the citric acid...have never used it.
Thanks for helping everyone!!!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29413. ISO lemon advice. Everything I make seems so wimpy. Need that intense lemon - cheezz - 11:54am on 02/07/17 (10)
- You could try picking less yellow lemons (like less ripe). . . - mistral - 12:30pm on 02/07/17
- Or adding powdered lemon (TrueLemon) and the zest of fresh. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:50pm on 02/07/17
- Not sure how you're creating the sauce, but this is quite satisfyingly lemony. - MoNJ - 2:28pm on 02/07/17
- So just an hour ago I tried my hand at baked poppyseed lemon doughnuts - deb-in-MI - 2:50pm on 02/07/17
- What kind of lemons are you using? Try Meyers. - MariaDNoCA - 5:32pm on 02/07/17
- Meyers are not a true lemon but a cross between a standard lemon and mandarin orange - KarenNoCA - 7:06pm on 02/07/17
- I mentioned to try Myers because the zest seems oilier, and the flavor more intense - MariaDNoCA - 9:43pm on 02/07/17
- For example: I baked a yeasted breakfast loaf yesterday...4 Tbl lemon zest plus - cheezz - 2:43am on 02/08/17
- cheezz, just to cover all bases, is EVERYONE experiencing the same lack of tartness? - MarilynFL - 11:58am on 02/08/17
- Mistral - I can't return PMs but wanted to thank you for all the info! - cheezz - 1:49am on 02/16/17