Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Back in the day of having kids at home and a snow day when they were in and out
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29418 at 6:11 am on Feb 9, 2017
of the house to play in the snow and then come in, dry off, have hot chocolate and out again--great memories.
Sausage Corn Chowder
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 tomato can of water
1 can cream style corn
1 can whole kernel corn
1 large onion, diced
1 # sausage, browned and drained
3 TBS (YES!!) dried basil
ground black pepper
red potatoes, peeled and quartered - optional
Put all together and simmer for 45 minutes or so.
Add small can of evaporated milk at serving time and bring to simmer.
Good served with a fruit salad and corn bread.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29418. So excited! Expecting SNOW! What's your go-to comfort food? (W or w/o snow) [NT] - barb_b - 8:45am on 02/08/17 (18)
- Roast chicken, lasagna, scalloped potatoes w/cheese, chicken pot pie. Enjoy your snow! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 10:32am on 02/08/17
- Braised short ribs with mashed potatoes, or cauliflower, big pot of chile beans - KarenNoCA - 10:34am on 02/08/17
- I want to come to your house, Karen! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:49am on 02/09/17
- Chicken and dumplings (made from canned biscuit dough). [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:03am on 02/08/17
- I want to try this lentil soup. Just found the site and I'm loving it! [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:02pm on 02/08/17
- I like a big pot of "something" on the stove, red sauce, stew, maybe CathyZ's bread in the oven... - MoNJ - 5:37pm on 02/08/17
- It will be 88 here tomorrow. Maybe I'll make a pot of stew? [NT] - orchid - 6:24pm on 02/08/17
- My grandmother's kitchen: meatloaf with mashers and gravy, - Richard in Cincy - 7:19pm on 02/08/17
- Back in the day of having kids at home and a snow day when they were in and out - Charley - 6:11am on 02/09/17
- Great, easy soup and no doubt delicious. Lucky kids! All these little things - KarenNoCA - 10:18am on 02/09/17
- Crazy pork chop dish my mom useed to make. Pork chops, potatoes, a few - CynUpstateNY - 10:48am on 02/09/17
- Ha, I have some old recipes that called for browning the chops first and now I never do it. - KarenNoCA - 7:05pm on 02/09/17
- Thanks Cyn, my mom made a similar dish with beef stock instead of the mushroom - we called it - LisainLA - 10:06am on 02/10/17
- Ha! Had some leftover buttermilk so I did make biscuits. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:59pm on 02/10/17
- Yum! [NT] - LisainLA - 8:34pm on 02/12/17
- Got to add hot chocolate (or tea) and scones fresh out of the oven. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:16pm on 02/09/17
- I'll be right over...and I'll bring the curd :) [NT] - cheezz - 2:11am on 02/16/17
- We've been having a blast... Goulash, Chili, Hot cider, chocolate and binge watching! FUN! [NT] - barb_b - 11:37am on 02/11/17