Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Lisa, I sadly, would have to say that my kids, would probably say that they do not eat as a family.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29411 at 6:49 pm on Feb 11, 2017
(At least not "regularly" ). dh and I have discussed this many times. I do serve a home made dinner every night, but their schedules are so crazy, that one eats at 5:00; one eats at 6:00 and dh comes home from the city, gets home around 7:20. Life is so different from when dh and I grew up, eating around the table, together at 6:00. Just doesn't happen, despite my efforts.
I do however, have 1:1 time, individually with both children at breakfast, which I cherish.
And I have family dinner, with my parents and in-laws, siblings and cousins every 5 weeks... I host, otherwise, just would not happen. I make it easy, no pressure, if someone can come, great, if not....catch you next month!
I hear what you are saying re: missing family table time, and admire if you are able to do it. I miss it, as that was how I grew up......
Other messages in this thread:
- 29411. I'm unsure why this bothers me, but it does. It. Just. Does. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:38am on 02/06/17 (32)
- I am undecided.... (more) - SallyBR - 7:45am on 02/06/17
- Heading home to a small apartment with no counter space--$1. No problem. LOL - Charley - 8:16am on 02/06/17
- I'm for it! While I love cutting my veggies; there are some that scare me....Or I feel it the next - barb_b - 8:31am on 02/06/17
- barb, I think it was CathyZ who had a really good butternut squash hint: slice rings, - MarilynFL - 10:36am on 02/06/17
- Thx for the tip. BUT, I think my wrist just doesn't like the force to cut the rings. It was so - barb_b - 6:52pm on 02/06/17
- I "can" do it with my big chef's knife, but have done it with a cleaver--it ain't - Charley - 7:07am on 02/07/17
- I think this is a great idea. Those hard winter squashes scare me to death too - KarenNoCA - 10:36am on 02/06/17
- I would pay to have an acorn and/or butternut peeled for me. [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:44am on 02/06/17
- I agree it is a bit excessive; on the other hand, I would pay a buck or two - GeorgiaRose - 10:51am on 02/06/17
- I agree but for no particular reason. I'm still aghast over boiled, peeled eggs for sale - cheezz - 4:10pm on 02/06/17
- OMG, we were telepathic on that one Cheezz!! [NT] - MoNJ - 4:13pm on 02/06/17
- I know! It's disgusting!!! Think of the germs and bacteria those naked eggs are exposed to!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 6:12pm on 02/06/17
- Those naked eggs bother me and there is just something wrong about it. Can't even stand to look at - KarenNoCA - 12:47pm on 02/08/17
- Eggs, I don't get. Hadn't thought of the germs. To me, eggs are an - barb_b - 6:46pm on 02/06/17
- I do enjoy our local market that slices eggplant super thin horizontally--uniform slices [LINK] - MoNJ - 4:10pm on 02/06/17
- It kind of bothers me too, but if it leads to people eating more fresh veggies, - Joe - 5:26pm on 02/06/17
- I don't see how it's any different than paying the premium for already diced, sliced or whatever - Curious1 - 6:01pm on 02/06/17
- These damn lazy kids, won't even slice your own veggies! Get off my lawn!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:06pm on 02/06/17
- HA!!! Guess we're getting too old to put up with this lazy generation...so pathetic! [NT] - cheezz - 2:45am on 02/08/17
- :-D [NT] - LisainLA - 10:09am on 02/09/17
- Just curious, are the packages of meat such as a chuck roast packed with the veggies needed to make - Curious1 - 6:20pm on 02/06/17
- I wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole - Richard in Cincy - 6:45pm on 02/06/17
- Very popular here.never bought them. I see lots of pre seasoned chicken (Which I worry about) and - barb_b - 6:50pm on 02/06/17
- I do buy pineapple that has been peeled and cored...and I have a hand held peeler/corer. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:07am on 02/07/17
- We have a service like this at our Farmers' Market, but... - desertculinary - 3:44pm on 02/07/17
- That's something I could get behind: teaching a lifetime skill. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:49pm on 02/07/17
- That's lovely! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:26pm on 02/07/17
- I looked up C-CAP--what a great program. Thanks for sharing. - MoNJ - 11:29am on 02/09/17
- I see where you are coming from. However, I would love and pay for that service occassionally, - LisainLA - 10:06am on 02/09/17
- Lisa, I sadly, would have to say that my kids, would probably say that they do not eat as a family. - barb_b - 6:49pm on 02/11/17
- I understand the lessons/sports/work ending times very well, as we have nights like that. - LisainLA - 8:34pm on 02/12/17
- Not really that different than buying the pre-cut packaged versions of veg (which WF sells)... [NT] - ErininNY - 2:52pm on 02/12/17