Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh yes, those are yummy! Made them about...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29427 at 10:55 am on Feb 12, 2017
7 or 8 years ago from the recipe at the link (the old version does not have the chocolate chunk addition which Dorie's 'new' recipe has). I used to work with a chef who had worked at a popular local chocolate café which made these cookies then turned them into a sandwich cookie spread with caramel in the middle for a caramel-filled chocolate sable cookie. Ohmygoodness, those were good. I used to buy them (at $2.25 EACH). Didn't make them with caramel myself but want to some time.
I highly recommend using good quality cocoa (such as Scharffen Berger or Valrhona or another), it'll make all the difference in the flavor.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29427. Has anyone made Dorie Greenspan's World Peace cookies? I want a cookie [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 10:02am on 02/12/17 (9)
- Not me, but I've eaten many! So very good. [NT] - Traca - 10:04am on 02/12/17
- Oh yes, those are yummy! Made them about... [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 10:55am on 02/12/17
- Thanks! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 11:24am on 02/12/17
- BTW, Dorie is delightful. Back in 2006 when I was still a Bakers Dozen member I was [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 11:42am on 02/12/17
- Looked at the rugelach recipe...now I have two kinds to make! Thanks! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:29pm on 02/12/17
- I agree. Dorie is one of the most delightful people on the planet. In the early days of - Traca - 5:46pm on 02/12/17
- Sweet! I love how personable she is. Have worked with a - Pat-NoCal - 11:14am on 02/16/17
- Yes. These are amazing. [NT] - ErininNY - 2:57pm on 02/12/17
- They are! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:50pm on 02/13/17