Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Same with my German Mom. She rolled out sheets of egg dough until thin, then...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29431 at 2:13 pm on Feb 13, 2017
...she would lightly dust with flour and roll them up like a scroll. She used a sharp knife to cut across the short end, adjusting the amount she cut off to get the width noodle she wanted.
Oh, and she just put a few cups of flour on the board, made a well in the center and cracked a few eggs (and maybe a couple of egg yolks extra). Eggs go in the well and you stirred them up with spread fingers while incorporating flour from the edges of the well. When the dough came together, she would knead it until smooth, then let it rest under a towel for a few minutes before rolling out.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29431. I'm all over this! F&W: How to Make Hand Cut Noodles [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 5:57pm on 02/12/17 (5)
- I grew up with great German hand-cut noodles. - Richard in Cincy - 11:36pm on 02/12/17
- Same with my German Mom. She rolled out sheets of egg dough until thin, then... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:13pm on 02/13/17
- Same, dh's Grandma. He described it as an art to see; when I met her, arthritis had set in, so - barb_b - 4:26pm on 02/13/17
- Me too. Noodles are easy and often made at my house [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:49am on 02/14/17
- I've had my daughter and her friends help me make noodles for soup - everyone loves them! - LisainLA - 8:53pm on 02/14/17