Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
This has become a very real problem on the internet...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29430 at 3:19 pm on Feb 14, 2017
our information is valuable and these sites have farmed it before we realize it. If I get into any site asking for all my personal info before I can get a cost, I drop it like a hot potato. If it is something I really want, I will call to see if I can find out pricing (and the outrageous shipping charges) and order over the phone. If they won't tell me, I tell them why I will not be buying anything from their website and hang up.
I've also stopped giving out my mobile to anyone unless I want them to have it. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. Someone I know will leave a message and I can add the number to my contacts.
If the person/company doesn't need my number but is farming it to sell, that is obvious and I just make up something. If it's a vendor I'm actually doing business with, we have an old landline on voicemail to collect those calls once/week. It's never answered otherwise.
Far too many robo-calls on mobiles these days and it is supposed to be illegal.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29430. FRC: Does anyone belong to this site? Opinions? [NT] [LINK] - MoNJ - 2:23pm on 02/12/17 (7)
- yes I do... - SallyBR - 2:48pm on 02/12/17
- And as always they will not reveal the cost until you surrender - Richard in Cincy - 3:24pm on 02/12/17
- three bucks per month, the year I think is around 25 bucks [NT] - SallyBR - 6:32pm on 02/12/17
- Ouch! This frugle German says Nein Danke! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 11:32pm on 02/12/17
- I know! I thought they wanted too much info without knowing $$, so I thought I'd take a survey - MoNJ - 10:27am on 02/14/17
- dh was saying the same complaint about another app. It was for walking. Wanted too much personal i - barb_b - 4:29pm on 02/13/17
- This has become a very real problem on the internet... - Richard in Cincy - 3:19pm on 02/14/17